When I started my Dechox I thought I could use March as an opportunity to bake non-chocolatey treats. I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter and Jam Flapjacks and I thought they sounded delicious. This flapjack is seriously squidgy, moreish and very easy to make. Next time I might try these without the jam, as I think they’d be just as nice but I would seriously recommend these!
For The Flapjack Mixture:
100g unsalted butter
100g peanut butter
5 tbsp golden syrup
300g porridge oats
150g strawberry jam
45 mins | 12-16 squares
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/ fan 140°C/ gas 3.
2. Line a brownie tray with greaseproof paper.
3. In a small saucepan gently melt the butter, peanut butter and golden syrup.
4. Measure the oats and sultanas into a large mixing bowl.
5. Pour the melted peanut butter mixture into the mixing bowl and mix well.
6. Pour half of the flapjack mixture into your lined tray and press down with the back of a spoon until even.
7. Spread the jam evenly over the flapjack mixture using a palette knife.
8. Pour the rest of the flapjack mixture over the jam and spread evenly.
9. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
10. Once cooked, leave to cool in the tray and then cut into squares.
This recipe was adapted from Easy Peanut Butter and Jam Flapjacks
What have you been baking recently?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin