- My oldest friend and I spent a long weekend in Athens at the start of 2017 and we had so much fun singing and dancing ALL night at the bouzoukia and eating ALL the Gyros!
- Taking a selfie with my childhood idol is up there with one of my favourite moments of 2017.
- I scurried away in my spare time making all my own wedding stationery, diy decor and meticulously planned every single detail to ensure everything came together perfectly for our big day.
- My hen do weekend was an absolute blast, seeing Kinky Boots at the theatre, escaping the escape room, scrummy afternoon tea and a night out – we really made the most of it. I was so grateful to my bridesmaids (AKA the A team) for making it extra special.
- Nick and I saw James Arthur in London and experienced Say You Won’t Let Go, our first dance song, sung live
- My little sister turned 21 and I got a little emotional..
- I went on my first ever business trip abroad, and okay, it was to the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, but I’m still counting it!
- On April 30th 2017 I married my best friend, boyfriend of nine years and childhood sweetheart and it was THE BEST DAY. My heart was filled to bursting with all the love I felt that day. Memories that I will cherish forever and ever.
- After a lot of deliberating, I changed my surname to mark the next chapter of my life.
- We had a wonderful time honeymooning in Thailand, exploring in Bangkok and relaxing in Koh Phanghan, taking in the tropical surroundings and making the most of having our very own pool.
- I took 4 months off blogging in the middle of the year to recover from all the busyness in the first half of 2017. It makes me sad that I neglected my little hub of creativity for so long but I really needed the break.
- I started an instagram account for all my guinea pig photographs and I’m so happy that so many people are enjoying my pigtures (and the fact that I now have a legitimate excuse for all the photographs I take of them).
- I was thrilled to bits that Cath Kidston brought out the Pets Party Collection featuring guinea pigs. Naturally, I had to buy it all!
- I visited my happy place, Disneyland Paris, not once but twice! All the happy memories.
- My pom pom making obsession returned with a vengeance.
- I wrote a blog post about the Doubting Dinosaur – I’m still pretty proud of opening up about the thoughts that can sometimes plague my mind.
- I loved our Christmas tree which was filled with all of the Disney decorations and nothing else.
I’m not going to lie, on New Year’s Eve I felt quite sad to be letting go of such an amazing year filled with so many unforgettable moments but I’m determined to make 2018 as great as it can be.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin