It feels like ages since my last baking session, so yesterday I decided to bake indulgent double chocolate muffins. These might just be my favourite ever muffin recipe, they’re so so moreish! Thinking about it I’ll probably have to eat another while I type up this post..
For The Muffin Mixture:
225g plain flour
125g unsalted butter (room temperature)
175g caster sugar
40g cocoa powder
100g plain chocolate, chopped
100g milk chocolate chunks
100g white chocolate chunks
150g natural yoghurt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 hour | Makes 12 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ fan 170°C/ gas 5.
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tins with cupcake cases.
3. Melt the butter and plain chocolate over a low heat.
4. Gently mix together then leave to cool for a bit.
5. Put the flour, bicorbanate of soda, cocoa powder, sugar, white and milk chocolate chunks and a pinch of salt into a large bowl and stir everything together.
6. In a jug beat together the egg, milk and yoghurt.
7. Pour the egg mix and the chocolate mix onto the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
8. Divide the mixture among the muffin cases.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
10. Cool on a wire rack.
Please let me know if you decide to bake these, I’d love to know how you got on!
This recipe was adapted from Double chocolate muffins
Have you baked anything recently?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin