Last weekend I fancied doing some baking and as I seem to have a cupboard full of cupcake and muffin cases I thought this was the perfect opportunity to use some up and decided to make Orange and Chocolate Chip Muffins. Also, from the feedback you gave me it turns out that some of you really like my baking posts so I’m going to try and incorporate them more regularly.
These muffins taste absolutely scrummy (orange just goes so nicely with chocolate!) and have quite a light and fluffy texture. Please do let me know if you make these, I’d love to see.
For The Muffin Mixture:
400g self raising flour
60g unsalted butter (room temperature)
120g caster sugar
100g milk chocolate chips
100g white chocolate chips
2 eggs (beaten)
120ml orange juice (roughly 3 oranges if squeezing fresh)
1 orange zest
Takes less than 1 hour | Makes 12-14 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/ gas 6.
2. Place muffin cases into a 12 hole cake tray. My mixture made 14 muffins so you might want to add a few extra muffin cases to a second tray.
3. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter.
4. Zest an orange and squeeze enough oranges for 120ml of orange juice (I needed 3 oranges) or alternatively use shop brought orange juice.
5. Add the sugar, beaten eggs, milk, orange juice and orange zest to the mixing bowl with the flour and mix well.
6. Add the majority of the white and milk chocolate chips to the mixing bowl and again mix well.
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling each to three-quarters full.
8. Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chips onto the mixture in the muffin cases.
9. Bake the Orange and Chocolate Chip muffins for 15-20 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
If you liked this recipe, you might also like to check out my Very Berry Muffins which are just as yummy.
What is your favourite muffin recipe?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin