10 sleeps until Christmas!! I don’t understand how we can already be half way through December! Are you feeling festive yet? I sure am, but if you’re not quite feeling festive yet maybe this list of ideas for things to do will help you get into the Christmas spirit.
- Counting down with an advent calendar | yes I’m 24 and still get an advent calendar every year, but it’s the perfect way to count the days until Christmas. There are SO many different types of advent calendars nowadays from the good old chocolate advents to ones with beauty products or even gin!
- Decorating the tree | I like to get all of the Christmas decorations up around the 1st of December to make the most of having them up. Twinkling lights and sparkling baubles help me feel oh so festive!
- Baking | I made mince pies for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago and this weekend I’m planning to bake some Christmas cupcakes, so watch this space. Christmas themed baking definitely helps me feel Christmassy.
- Christmas films | Elf, Jack Frost, The Santa Clause, Arthur Christmas, Home Alone, Miracle on 34th Street and Love Actually are some of my all time favourites. Nick and I have been watching so many Christmas films throughout December (16 so far to be precise and yes I’m counting) and I’m totally loving it!
- Festive accessories | I think I’ve gone a little Christmas mad this year.. Christmas bedding, Christmas cushions, Christmas candles, Christmas socks, Christmas pyjamas, Christmas jumpers, Christmas phone case, Christmas earrings.. – literally everything has been given a festive twist.
- Buying and wrapping presents | well it is the season of giving after all! Buying and wrapping presents helps me feel especially Christmassy! My favourite thing about Christmas (other than the build up) is seeing the reactions of my loved ones opening their gifts.
- Festive colouring in | Yes I still enjoy colouring in but in December I’ve been loving this Festive colouring book – along with a Christmas movie and mug of hot chocolate it’s the perfect combination.
- Christmas markets | visiting a Christmas market is still on my to do list and probably something I won’t have time to do now, but I imagine one of these would really help put one on in the festive spirit.
- Glittery nails | I can’t have a Christmas without glitter! Painting my nails all Christmassy is another festive favourite in December.
- Christmas music | in the car, whilst wrapping presents, whilst baking.. having Christmas music on in the background really sets the mood, and sure Christmas tunes can be pretty cheesy but that’s pretty much the whole point!
What things do you like doing to get into the festive spirit?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin