For The Cake Mixture:
175g unsalted butter, melted
175g golden caster sugar
200g self-raising flour
4 tbsp milk
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
5 tbsp Nutella, melted
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1½ hours | 12 slices
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas 4.
2. Butter and line the base of a 20cm/8in round cake tin.
3. Put the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, milk, golden syrup, baking powder and cinnamon into a large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy.
4. Pour three quarters of the mixture into the tin spreading it evenly.
5. Spoon the melted Nutella on top of the mixture in the tin, spreading it as evenly as possible.
6. Top with the remaining cake mixture.
7. Sprinkle the hazelnuts on top of the cake mixture.
8. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour and 10 minutes until risen, browned and firm to the touch (cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly).
9. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning the cake out onto a wire rack.
This post was written in collaboration with British Lion Eggs, for other Egg Recipes and information and eggs check out their website.
Do you have a favourite Nutella baking recipe?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin