I’ve kept this a little under wraps but my lovely boyfriend has booked us a week’s holiday in the Dominican Republic.. we leave tomorrow! I still can’t quite believe we’re going! I feel incredibly lucky to be going on another holiday this year, especially somewhere so exotic, I’ve never been anywhere further than Egypt/ Tunisia, so this is kind of a big deal. In all honestly I don’t know how I’ll cope on a 9 hour flight but I’m hoping I’ll sleep through most of it.
I’m really rather excited to have a bit more time in the sunshine, it’s going to make the Autumn/ Winter months much more bearable. Like I did with our trip to Santorini, I thought I’d write a bucket list for our trip to the Dominican Republic as it gives me a chance to work out exactly what I’d like to experience whilst I’m there.
- See A Sunrise/ Sunset | you know the classic desktop backgrounds taken in the Caribbean? Well I want to experience one of those for myself. And naturally, take lots of photos so I can capture it forever. It’s also becoming a bit of a tradition of mine to experience a sunrise/ sunset whenever I visit some place new.
- Snorkeling | I’ve been researching, and it sounds like there are so many colourful fishes and coral to be seen in the waters close to where we are staying in Samana.
- Visit Los Haitises National Park | as we are only in the Dominican Republic for a week we’re not planning on doing lots of trips but I do want to visit the local national park – it looks like the most beautiful untouched rainforest, I can’t wait to experience it.
- Visit El Simon Waterfall | This waterfall looks spectacular so there’s no way I can stay so close by and not go and see it.
- Savour every moment | I don’t know if I’ll ever get to return to the Dominican Republic, it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I’m making a pact to myself to make the absolute most of it – I don’t want to come back with any regrets. It’s going to be an experience I’ll never forget.
Have you ever visited the Dominican Republic? I’d love to hear all about it! Also any tips for staying sane on a long haul flight would be greatly appreciated.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin