A couple of weeks ago I fancied baking a healthy-ish cake and I stumbled upon this Chocolate Banana Cake on Pinterest which suited my requirements perfectly. It contains Greek yoghurt, oats and bananas so I promise you it is full of healthy ingredients even if it doesn’t look it! The bananas and yoghurt make this cake really moist, airy and light – even a good 3 or so days after being made it tastes fresh. If you bake this, I seriously urge you to try this cake when it’s still warm as the chocolate chips are all melty and extremely delicious! But warm or not, this cake is definitely one I’ll be making again and again!
For The Cake Mixture:
1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
3 very ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 and 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup oats
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1 hour | 12 pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas 4.
2. Grease a cake tin with a little butter and line with greaseproof paper.
3. Peel and mash the bananas.
4. Beat together the yoghurt, mashed bananas, vanilla extract and the eggs in a mixing bowl.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined.
7. Gently stir in the oats and chocolate chips (set some chocolate chips aside for decoration).
9. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
10. Scatter the remaining chocolate chips on top of the cake mixture.
11. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
This recipe was adapted from Greek Yoghurt Banana and Oat Bread
What have you been baking lately?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin