Oh I do love a good gooey, chocolatey cookie. After hearing a colleague at work recently rave about these cookies I pretty much baked a batch that same day. I have to say that these cookies are on par, if not slightly more scrumptious than the Triple Chocolate Cookies I posted about back in September. I think I might have discovered a new favourite!
For The Cookie Mixture:
125g unsalted butter (softened)
100g brown sugar
125g caster sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 big bar of milk chocolate
1 bag of Giant Milkybar Buttons
Less than 1 hour | About 10 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas 4.
2. Put the soft butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until creamy, smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and combine.
4. Sift the flour and salt and add to the mixture, then add the chocolate (leave out some of the chocolate for now). I broke a big bar of milk chocolate into individual squares and also added giant buttons but you can add whatever chocolate you feel like.
5. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
6. Once all of the cookie dough has been rolled into balls, press the chocolate pieces you set aside earlier into the tops of the balls.
7. Place in the heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just turning golden. The cookies will just be setting, but they’ll taste beautifully doughy and gooey.
8. Leave them to cool for 20-30 minutes for them to properly set before eating.
This recipe was adapted from Millie’s Cookies Recipe
What is your favourite cookie recipe?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin