With the temperature dropping and darkness setting in earlier in the Autumn and Winter months, a cosy night in is the perfect way to spend an evening. Here is a list of the things that I think make for a wonderfully cosy night in.
- Favourite films | a perfect night in for me would have to include watching one or two of my favourite films, or something new I’ve never seen before. I love a good romantic comedy and a few recent favs include Love, Rosie, Two Night Stand and Man Up.
- Yummy, comforting dinner | a bowl of pasta with tomato sauce, a flavourful soup with some cheese and a hunk of bread or a slice of cottage pie are some of my favourite Winter warmers.
- Cuddles under the blanket | blankets, throws, they all add warmth and cosyness and if you have someone you can cuddle up to – it’s made all the better!
- Fairy lights | after dinner I like to switch off the main lights and just have the fairy lights on. They produce a lovely glow and add to the snuggle factor.
- Candles | I also like to light a few candles to add to the cosy ambience. I’m obsessed with Yankee Candles at the moment.
- Snacks | Cupcakes, homemade brownies, chocolate.. whatever takes your fancy!
- Hot chocolate | if it’s particularly cold a hot chocolate works wanders at warming the soul. I’m not a big fan of hot drinks but I do like hot chocolate. Options hot chocolate is a great low calorie option (which also tastes amazing).
- Snuggly socks | How cute are these fox slipper socks? My feet tend to get quite cold so I like to wear slipper socks around the house to keep me warm and toasty when it gets particularly chilly.
- Pet time | I can’t have a cosy night in without getting my guinea pigs out for a cuddle. We tend to get them out in pairs and sit them on our laps to stroke them. They’re such sociable little pets.
- Fireplace (optional) | We don’t have a fireplace in our flat but I know how cosy a fireplace can make a room as both my parents and grandparents have one. Watching the flames flicker is also pretty calming. I’d love to have a fireplace of my own someday.
How do you like to spend cosy nights in at home?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin