It felt really good to make some time for baking this weekend, it feels like forever! This giant peanut butter cookie is essentially a heart shaped cookie cake brimming with peanut butter chocolates and it is seriously moreish with its squidgy centre. Yum yum!
For The Cookie Mixture:
150g salted butter, softened
225g plain flour
80g light brown sugar
80g granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1 hour | 12 slices
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas 4.
2. Butter and line the base of your heart shaped tin.
3. Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and beat until creamy.
4. Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix into the mixture with a wooden spoon.
5. Stir in most of the M&M’s (I picked out the red ones for the Valentine’s theme) and Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
6. Add the cookie mixture to your heart shaped tin.
7. Press the rest of the M&M’s and Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into the dough.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and still slightly soft in the centre.
9. Cool on a cooling rack before cutting.
Are you planning on baking anything for Valentine’s Day? Have you already baked something?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin