5 sleeps until Christmas!! I’m still in shock as to how quickly December is passing. I had quite the festive day yesterday, baking cupcakes, decorating a gingerbread house, wrapping presents and going to a Christmas jumper party in the evening.
Today, I thought I’d share with you my Christmas cupcakes. I was looking through my archives and unbelievably I’ve never previously shared any of my cupcake baking which definitely needs to be rectified as they’re one of my favourite things to bake! These Christmas cupcakes were really fun to bake and decorate. I found these really cute festive sweet shop shaped boxes in Home Bargains so I’ve packaged some up to give to family.
For The Cakes:
280g self-raising flour
175g golden caster sugar
175g unsalted butter, softened
150g pot fat-free natural yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
chocolate chips (optional)
For The Icing:
85g unsalted butter, softened
200g icing sugar, sifted
green food colouring
To decorate: sprinkles, sweets, white chocolate stars etc.
60 mins | 12-18 cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/ fan 170°C/ gas 5.
2. Line two 12-hole muffin tins with cupcake cases.
3. Put all of the cupcake ingredients into a large bowl and beat until smooth.
4. Spoon the cupcake mix into the cases, filling them just over half way.
5. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. For the icing, beat the butter and icing sugar until pale and completely combined.
8. Add green food colouring to your icing mixture and beat until combined.
9. Decorate with sprinkles, sweets and white chocolate stars, or anything else you fancy!
This recipe was adapted from Christmas cupcakes
Have you been doing any festive baking? I’d love to see, so please share links with me in the comments.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin