So you know I mentioned that I’ve been baking a fair bit in this post? Well today I’ve got a recipe for Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies to share with you. These cookies might just be my new favourite! They’re the lightest, fluffiest, saltiest, chocolatiest, carameliest bites of goodness – I couldn’t recommend them more. I’ve never chilled cookie dough in the fridge before but this extra step makes such a difference to the texture of these cookies that you definitely shouldn’t skip this step if you decide to bake these for yourself.
For The Cookie Mixture:
170g unsalted butter, melted
280g plain flour
100g light brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 and 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
180g chocolate chip
3 hours | 10-15 cookies
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt in a large bowl. Set aside,
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugars until no sugar lumps remain.
3. Whisk in the egg, and then the egg yolk. Then whisk in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon. The dough should be very soft. Fold in 90g of chocolate chips and disperse them evenly among the dough.
5. Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge and allow to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas 4.
8. Line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper.
9. Roll all of the dough into balls, about 1 and a 1/2 tablespoons each. The dough should make about 30 balls.
10. Make a thumbprint into one dough ball and press a Rolo inside. Cover the Role with another dough ball and mold the two dough balls together, covering the Rolo completely. Repeat this step with all of the dough.
11. Slighty flatten each of the cookie dough balls and press a few more chocolate chips on top of each ball. Sprinkle with sea salt.
12. Put 7-8 balls of dough onto each baking tray.
13. Fridge one cookie tray as you bake the first batch for 12-13 minutes. Once the first batch is cooked, bake the second batch.
14. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
This recipe was adapted from Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies
What have you been baking lately?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin