- When I finished University two years ago I wasn’t hunting for a job for ages, my part-time employer offered me a full time position and I have learnt so much in my time there. I may complain about the early start, the commute or how tired it makes me but really, I’m so grateful that I have a reason to get up in the morning.
- That at the end of the day I have a beautiful flat to come home to. I may complain about the housework, the cooking and the bills but I am so proud of what we have achieved and that we have a place to call our own.
- That I share that place with my partner of over 6 years who really cares for me and shows me how much I mean to him every single day. We have had our ups and downs, as couples do, but I need to focus more on the many things he does right, rather than the few things he does wrong. He doesn’t have to love me, but he loves me anyway.
- That I have two extremely supportive parents, a very loving family and a close group of friends. I honestly don’t know what I would do without them.
- That I have my 5 furry four legged friends. My piggies and hammy mean the absolute world to me. I love hearing my piggies squeak in the morning when they call for their breakfast or watching Milo attempt to take a green bean up his tube to store upstairs in his cage. My favourite moments are when we are having cuddles.
- That I’m healthy and able to do the things I want to do. I can travel near and far, take a walk to appreciate a crisp Autumn day, feeling the crunch of the leaves under my feet, with the sun warming my face or visit someplace new. The possibilities are endless.
- For the little things in life that make every day better, small acts of kindness, affection or thoughtfulness, such as a stranger opening the door or my partner coming home with a chocolate bar for me.
- For the good times that bring me joy, for the bad times that remind me to appreciate the good times and for the inevitable change that helps me grow and develop as a person. With change comes life lessons and new opportunities.
- (A less serious one) For mini things, like travel-sized toiletries, baby animals, charms on my Pandora bracelet or M&S mini gingerbread men biscuits – all mini things just make me happy.
- That I have this little corner on the net as my creative outlet and that my viewers are taking the time to comment on my posts or follow me with Bloglovin. I really cherish your support from such early days as a new blogger and each and every comment makes me smile.
Sometimes I think it is all too easy to forget the important things in life and take them for granted. I know I’m guilty of it; I can concentrate on the insignificant and let them get to me when really there are so many things I have to be grateful for in life. Recently I’ve been reflecting upon the things that are truly important to me and that I’m thankful for and I want to take on a more appreciative attitude. I want to spend more of my time showing the people I care about how much they mean to me.
What are you appreciating lately?